Monday 23 July 2012

A Thousand Times - Love Poem

A Thousand Times
A thousand times I can ask for forgiveness
A thousand times you will say no
A thousand times will I think about you in an hour
A thousand times in a hour will you think about how I hurt you
A thousand times will I remember how great you were to me
A thousand times will you remember how awful I was to you
A thousand times did I have the chance to make things right
A thousand times the opportunity was missed
How should you feel if a woman adores you?
How should you show her thanks for being that woman you dreamed of?
A thousand times I wish I showed her just how grateful I was
A thousand times should I love you been spoken from my lips to her
From sunrise to sunset she should have been serenaded
Serenaded with my love and emotions
A thousand times I should have done this
A thousand times she should have had it
All that is left is hurt and despair
A beautiful smile and glow has been lost
A thousand times I am sorry
A thousand times I beg for forgiveness
Her last words to me were filled with anger, hatred, and sadness
Her last words to me should have been full of love and gratitude
Love and gratitude for a life long journey together
On my death bed is where she would have uttered that to me
There would have not been any sadness
Only the memories of an incredible life together
A thousand times I will wish for that again
A thousand times I ask for your forgiveness
Just six miles away from me is a dove
Graceful and elegant, loving and peaceful
A thousands times I neglected you
A thousand times I will ask for forgiveness

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About